NYS Infertility Demonstration Program
The program subsidizes higher level infertility treatments in vitro fertilization (IVF) and gamete intra fallopian transfer (GIFT) for privately insured women for whom these procedures are not covered by insurance. The program also includes a subsidy for testicular sperm extraction (TESE). Seventeen providers now participate in the program. Providers who agreed to participate are responsible for billing NYS for costs associated with IVF and GIFT, after patient co-pays and insurance reimbursement, if any, are taken into account. Provider selection was based on published data on infertility providers in NYS (CDC's Assisted Reproductive Technology Success Rates).
For information regarding participating in the NYS Infertility Demonstration Program (IDP) contact an approved NYS IDP provider, link below:
- New York State Infertility Demonstration Program Description
- New York State Infertility Demonstration Program List of Approved Providers 2012-2017
- Questions and Answers About Infertility and Its Treatment
- This is also available in a printable version (PDF 610KB 40pg)
- Thinking of Becoming an Egg Donor?
- This is also available in a printable version (PDF 287KB 30pg)
Infertility Information Resources
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) - Assisted Reproductive Technology: Home
- WomensHealth.Gov - Infertility
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Resource Center
- Phone Number: (800) 762-2264.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- Phone Number: (205) 978-5000.
- Resolve: The National Infertility Association
- Phone Number: (888) 623-0744.
- InterNational Council on Infertility Information Dissemination,Inc. (INCIID)
- Phone Number: (703) 379-9178.