Transitional planning is a multi-step service that helps to ensure a continuum of services for HIV-infected pre-release inmates who have disclosed their HIV status within the correctional facility. Transitional planning addresses care, prevention and support services needs of inmates to ensure a coordinated transition from incarceration to community. It facilitates access to interventions that will address the prevention needs of persons who are HIV-infected. Post-release follow-up is required to determine health and human service outcomes and, if necessary, reconnect to care and prevention services.
- Transition Guide: How to get a good start on the outside (PDF, 7.6 MB, 83pg.)
- Transitional Planning Standards (PDF, 46 KB, 12pg.)
- Consent for Participation in Transitional Planning Services (PDF, 47 KB, 1pg.)
- Transitional Planning Intake/Assessment/Action Form (PDF, 196 KB, 8pg.)
- Transitional Plan Form (PDF, 105 KB, 5pg.)
- Transitional Planning Progress/Case Notes (PDF, 38 KB, 1pg.)
- Follow-up Post Release and Case Closure Forms (PDF, 44 KB, 2pg.)