Transitional planning is a multi-step service that helps to ensure a continuum of services for HIV-infected pre-release inmates who have disclosed their HIV status within the correctional facility. Transitional planning addresses care, prevention and support services needs of inmates to ensure a coordinated transition from incarceration to community. It facilitates access to interventions that will address the prevention needs of persons who are HIV-infected. Post-release follow-up is required to determine health and human service outcomes and, if necessary, reconnect to care and prevention services.
- Transition Guide - How to get a good start on the outside (PDF)
- Transitional Planning Standards (PDF)
- Consent for Participation in Transitional Planning Services (PDF)
- Transitional Planning Intake/Assessment/Action Form (PDF)
- Transitional Plan Form (PDF)
- Transitional Planning Progress/Case Notes (PDF)
- Follow-up Post Release and Case Closure Forms (PDF)