Evidence-Based Interventions (EBI)
- Diffusion of Effective Behavioral Interventions (DEBI)
- NYS Department of Health AIDS Institute Trainings
- NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Training Calendar
- CDC Training Calendar
- Additional Resources (PDF, 19 KB, 1pg.)
- DEBI Frequently Asked Questions
The goal of the DEBI Project is to enhance the ability of community providers to deliver proven individual, group and community level interventions to reduce the spread of HIV and STDs, and promote healthy behaviors.
There are approximately 18 interventions included in the Center for Disease Control's DEBI Project.
For assistance selecting a DEBI for your agency call your contract manager. If you are not funded by the AIDS Institute, you can call Education & Training programs at (518) 474-3045.
For information about these interventions and the schedule of CDC-funded trainings, please visit the DEBI website.
Note: Agency leadership must review the DEBI Fact Sheet and Agency Readiness Assessment to determine if the intervention is appropriate for their agency and target population. These materials are available on the DEBI website.
New York State Department of Health - AIDS Institute
This two-day training will help to increase providers' confidence, knowledge and practice skills in facilitating groups, such as the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) evidence based behavioral intervention "VOICES/VOCES."
As a result of this training participants will be able to:
- Increase their understanding of group process and how it influences behavior change;
- Identify qualities of an effective group facilitator;
- Increase skills in facilitating STD/HIV prevention intervention groups;
- Identify strategies for handling group problems; and
- Learn the importance of training, supporting and evaluating group facilitators.
Audience: Group facilitators, counselors, health educators, peer educators, health care professionals and other public health prevention providers who conduct group level STD/HIV prevention interventions.
To Register: Use the Training Centers' links.