General HIV Information Hotlines:
Provides basic information about HIV transmission, prevention, testing and referrals to local providers by county of residence.
- NYS AIDS Hotline - (800) 541-2437
- Spanish - (800) 233-7432
- Deaf/TDD - (800) 369-AIDS
- NYC Department of Health: Bilingual # - (800) 825-5448
- CDC (National) - (800) CDC-INFO
- Spanish - (800) 344-7432
- TYY - (888) 232-5448
- A Closer Walk...not just a movie, it's a movement
- Talking with Kids about HIV/AIDS: A Program for Parents and Other Caring Adults
HIV Counseling & Testing Sites:
Provides information about anonymous HIV testing sites by county of residence.
- NYS AIDS Hotline - (800) 541-2437
- NYC Department of Health - Bilingual # - (800) 825-5448
HIV Special Needs Plans (SNPs):
NY Medicaid CHOICE Helpline counselor can answer your questions about choosing a doctor and choosing a plan that serves your area. Informational packets about enrollment can be mailed. Everything said is kept confidential.
New York Medicaid CHOICE Helpline
Monday-Friday 8:30am - 8:00pm & Saturday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- (800) 505-5678
- TTY/TDD (800) 329-1541
ADAP & ADAP Plus (AIDS Drug Assistance Program):
Program that helps HIV infected people get medications, medical care & home care when uninsured & underinsured.
- Bilingual # - (800) 542-2437
- TDD - (518) 459-0121
- Relay Operator - (800) 421-1240
Partner/Spousal Notification Assistance Services:
Referral for free and confidential assistance in notifying sexual or needle sharing partners regarding exposure to HIV.
- NYS Department of Health - (800) 541-2437
- NYC Department of Health - (212) 693-1419
Provides general information regarding the NYS Confidentiality Law (Article 27-F) as well as the dissemination of complaints forms to callers.
- NYS Confidentiality Hotline - (800) 962-5065
- Legal Action Center: Bilingual # - (212) 243-1313
- Part 63 - HIV/AIDS Testing, Reporting and Confidentiality of HIV-Related Information
Provides information and assistance regarding issues of HIV discrimination related to housing, employment, etc.
- NYS Division of Human Rights: Bilingual # - (800) 523-2437
- NYC Commission on Human Rights: Bilingual # - (212) 306-7500
- Legal Action Center
HIV Prevention Education:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Division of Adolescent and School Health (CDC/DASH)
- ACT for Youth Center for Integration of Youth Development and Adolescent Programs
- SIECUS Fact Sheet: The Truth About Adolescent Sexuality
Clinical HIV/AIDS Resources:
- Clinical Guidelines - A resource for medical providers offering information regarding clinical guidelines, best practices, quality of care, and clinical education. Also provides links to publications, policy information, events and other HIV-related sites
- Clinical Education Initiative
- HIV Clinical Resource - Office of the Medical Director
- National Resource Center (NRC) AIDS Education & Training Centers is designed for the busy clinical provider who needs access to up-to-date information.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Health Resources & Administration
- NYS COBRA Community Follow-Up Program
- AIDS and HIV Treatment Information for Spanish Speaking People
- Adolescent AIDS Program - Children's Hospital at Montefiore
- Local HIV Care Consortiums
- Corrections and HIV/AIDS
Domestic Violence & Abuse Resources:
- Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
- National Electronic Network on Violence against Women
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
The DOH website has a resource which you may find helpful. The below link is to a grid on the DOH website that compares the overlap between HIPAA and the NYS HIV Confidentiality Law. The grid has three columns: 1. Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule, 2. Summary of Public Health Law (you want to refer to section PHL 2782) and 3. Guidance on which Law (HIPAA or 2782) prevails in NYS. Here is the link:
Other Helpful Websites:
- MSM Information Center at CDC
- Maternal Infant Network of the Capital Region (MINCR) - Community Cradle
E-mail requests for single sample copies or order forms for HIV educational materials.