It's Time! Integrate Viral Hepatitis into Your Work
A Comprehensive Training for Health and Human Services Providers
- Training Content, Goals & Objectives (PDF, 141 KB, 4pg.)
The "It's Time: Integrate Viral Hepatitis into Your Work" training was developed under a four year cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The training was developed by a multi-disciplinary team with expertise in viral hepatitis, program implementation, training curriculum development and evaluation. The training offers non-physician health and human services providers the opportunity to:
- Examine basic information about the liver, hepatitis A, B and C;
- Build skills to provide client-centered counseling on viral hepatitis; and
- Learn strategies for incorporating viral hepatitis messages and services into their busy work schedules.
Between January and August of 2005, the "It's Time" training was offered 15 times across the country to specific audiences. The training was extensively evaluated and data showed a positive impact on provider knowledge, attitudes, and practices as a result of the training.
Training materials include:
- a fully developed manual to guide a trainer through delivering the program,
- a fully developed manual for participants,
- slide sets,
- interactive exercises, and
- other resources
Training content was updated in 2007.
Target audience for the Training: Non-physician health and human services providers who work in settings that serve people at risk for viral hepatitis including, HIV programs, STD clinics, local health departments, substance use treatment programs and correctional health care settings.
A CD with all training materials is available upon request.
This training center is a project of the New York State Department of Health in conjunction with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, the AIDS Community Research Initiative of America and the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services.
For more information
Director, HIV Education and Training Programs
Corning Tower, Room 244
Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12237-0658
Phone: 518- 474-3045
Fax: 518- 473-8814