Ovarian Cancer Resource Materials - Other
- "Access to Specialty Care for Women with Ovarian Cancer: Why Gynecologic Oncologists are Essential to the Survival of These Women" Issue Paper
Ovarian Cancer National Alliance, 910 17th St., NW, Suite 413, Washington, DC 20009, 202-331-1332, www.OvarianCancer.org.
- Cancer Risk Assessment Survey
Women's Cancer Network, www.wcn.org. An online, interactive Cancer Risk Assessment Survey which helps identify risk level for the gynecologic cancers.
- Genetic Counselor Referral
Genetics Program, NYS Department of Health, Bureau of Chronic Disease Services, Riverview Center, 150 Broadway – 3rd Floor West, Albany, NY 12204, 518-474-1222. Provides contact information for genetic counselors specializing in cancer genetics.
- National Cancer Institute Five-Year Plan: Strategic Planning Conference on New Directions in Ovarian Cancer Research
National Ovarian Cancer Coalition, 2001.
- Oncolink: The University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center Online Resource
www.oncolink.upenn.edu. A comprehensive information source; includes links to online discussion groups.
- Ovarian Cancer: What Do I Need to Know?
A Power Point presentation by Ruth Chapin, RN, MS, 2003, Carthage Area Hospital, 1001 West Street, Carthage, NY 13619, email@example.com.
- NYS Ovarian Cancer Awareness Poster
NYS Department of Health, Bureau of Chronic Disease Services, Riverview Center, 150 Broadway – 3rd Floor West, Albany, NY 12204, 518-474-1222, www.health.state.ny.us. Large, colorful photo of the first NYS Ovarian Cancer Awareness Quilt, along with brief information on symptoms and the phone number of the Cancer Information Service (available in both English and Spanish). Suitable for hanging in physicians' waiting rooms and elsewhere.
- NYS Ovarian Cancer Awareness Quilts
Two beautiful quilts with squares honoring NYS women with ovarian cancer and those who have died of the disease. To borrow one of the NYS Ovarian Cancer Quilts for your event or activity, contact Isabel Mayer at the Bureau of Chronic Disease Services, NYS Department of Health at (518) 474-1222.
- State of the State of Gynecologic Cancers First Annual Report
Gynecologic Cancer Foundation, 230 W. Monroe, Suite 2528, Chicago, IL 60606; phone: (312) 578-1439, www.wcn.org/gcf. This report was developed and distributed to the media, the public, and key organizations and policymakers; describes each major gynecologic cancer, medical advances and latest developments.
- 2004 State of the State of Gynecologic Cancers: Second Annual Report to the Women of America
Gynecologic Cancer Foundation/Society of Gynecologic Oncologists. For copies, contact the GCF at (312) 578-1439.
Disclaimer: Inclusion of materials in this listing does not imply endorsement by the NYS Department of Health.