Ovarian Cancer Resource Materials - Videos / Powerpoint Presentations
- "BRCA Carriers: Sharing Stories and Decisions"
Cancer Genetic Counseling, Yale University School of Medicine, Yale Cancer Center, 55 Church Street, Suite 80B, New Haven, CT 06510, 203-786-8400, www.info.med.yale.edu/ycc/genetics. Designed for women who test BRCA+ and are trying to make decisions about surveillance, chemoprevention, and prophylactic surgery, $20.00.
- "Connecting the Dots: Breast … Ovarian Cancer"
To Life!, 410 Kenwood Avenue, Delmar, NY 12054, 518-439-5975, www.ToLife.org.
- "Hereditary Risk of Breast and Ovarian Cancer"
Myriad Genetic Laboratories, 1999.
- "Living with Ovarian Cancer"
Produced by the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, Inc., New York, NY. Available from Transit Media, $15, 800-343-5540. Interviews five ovarian cancer patients, their families, friends and medical providers and discusses all aspects of living with ovarian cancer.
- "Ovarian Cancer: Learn the Facts"
Corinne Feller Memorial Fund, c/o Nicole Lee, 34 Daisey Lane, Montgomery, NY 12549, 845-778-6607, www.fellermemorial.org. Remembers Corinne Feller, an 18 year-old high school student who died of ovarian cancer. Also provides information about the disease.
- "Ovarian Cancer: Reducing Your Risks"
Health Dialog, Inc., 2002 (48 minutes).
- "Ovarian Cancer Educational Kit for the Lay Public (slide set presentation)"
Gynecologic Cancer Foundation, 230 W. Monroe, Suite 2528, Chicago, IL 60606; phone: (312) 578-1539.
- "Surviving Ovarian Cancer"
Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, Inc., 14 Pennsylvania Plaza, Suite 1400, New York, New York 10122, 800-873-9569, www.ocrf.org. A one-hour video made for public television that expands on the stories of the women who appeared in "Living With Ovarian Cancer" (above) and provides factual information about the disease.
- "Testing for Hereditary Risk of Breast and Ovarian Cancer: Is It Right For You?"
Myriad Genetics, Inc., 800-469-7423, www.myriadtests.com.
- "Where There is Knowledge … There is Hope"
Gynecologic Cancer Foundation, 401 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, 312-644-6610, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Inclusion of materials in this listing does not imply endorsement by the NYS Department of Health.