Goals and Benefits
Benefits of the program
- Provides training for all staff including Administrators, Direct Care Staff, and Indirect Care Staff, as well as training for families and visitors.
- Program is easy to use, cost effective, and appealing.
- Content of the training program is in both PDF and DVD format.
- Exercise routines are in DVD format and include both sitting and standing routines, and balance training.
For the resident
- Reduce falls through calming physical exercise (Tai Chi.)
- Improve quality of life.
- Improve balance and core strength.
- Reduce anxiety through claming physical exercise.
- Promote general health and complement active rehabilitative services.
For the staff
- Provide education related to the special challenges of preventing falls in residents with dementia.
- Improve interactions with residents.
- Improve job satisfaction.
- Improve staff-resident interactions.
For families and visitors
- Improve family-resident interactions.