Goals and Benefits
For the resident
- Enhances opportunities for self-initiated activities.
- Enhances social interactions.
- Reduces isolation, inactivity and agitation.
For the staff
- Offers the staff an intervention option when there is no structured program occurring or when a resident is disruptive.
- Gives families ideas for a more comfortable and positive visit.
- Increases interactions between family members and residents.
- By assisting in making the therapeutic recreational items, volunteers can contribute in a meaningful way besides visiting with residents.
- Volunteers will be able to visit residents and engage them in the simple activity that they made for him/her.