5-45 minutes depending on attention span, interest and item
Participants in the Program
1:1 or in small groups (no more than 5)
Selection of Residents
Resident Strengths and Qualifiers
- Resident expresses agitation, restlessness, wandering, and/or physically or verbally non-aggressive behavior.
- Resident sits without active engagement with the environment or other residents, staff or family.
- Resident no longer shows signs of disruptive behavior.
- Resident no longer shows signs of passive behaviors.
- Resident interacts independently within the environment and with other residents, staff and/or family.
This varies depending on the item. Many of the items can be made for under $5 or with donated material. Please click on the links below for a description and picture of each item.
- Activity Aprons (PDF, 230KB, 11pg.)
- Stuffed Butterfly and Stuffed Fish (PDF, 843KB, 11pg.)
- Wandering Cart (PDF, 647KB, 4pg.)
- Look-Inside Tackle Boxes (PDF, 455KB, 2pg.)
- Arranging Flowers (PDF, 145KB, 2pg.)
- Sensory Stimulation Box (PDF, 236KB, 4pg.)
- Hang the Laundry (PDF, 15KB, 2pg.)
- Home Decorator Kits (PDF, 561KB, 6pg.)
- Latchbox (PDF, 853KB, 8pg.)
- Look-Inside Purses (PDF, 230KB, 3pg.)
- Message Magnets (PDF, 586KB, 9pg.)
- Fleecy Muff (PDF, 485KB, 3pg.)
- Picture Dominoes (PDF, 648KB, 8pg.)
- Polar Fleece Hot Water Bottle Cover (PDF, 155KB, 2pg.)
- Rings on The Hooks Game (PDF, 106KB, 1pg.)
- Sensory Vest (PDF, 249KB, 2pg.)
- "Patchwork" Sewing Cards (PDF, 454KB, 4pg.)
- Squeezie (PDF, 201KB, 2pg.)
- Table Ball Game (PDF, 335KB, 7pg.)
- Round Activity Tablecloth (PDF, 300KB, 3pg.)
- Tether Ball (PDF, 277KB, 6pg.)
- Wave Machines (PDF, 387KB, 2pg.)