Children With Diabetes
- Diabetes in Children - A Resource Guide for Families and Schools (PDF, 3.51MB, 123pg.)
This guide provides comprehensive and up-to-date resources that help children with diabetes grow up to be healthy and productive adults. In addition to providing practical tools and important information for school personnel, allowing children with diabetes to participate fully and safely in the school setting, the guide addresses the serious emerging issues of childhood obesity/overweight and type 2 diabetes in children, and provides promising strategies to reduce risk.
Tools and Resources to assist school nurses to train non-licensed personnel in the administration of glucagon to students with diabetes in the event of a hypoglycemic emergency.
- Glucagon Emergency Administration Training Tool (PPT, 6.6MB, 36slides)
- The "Glucagon Emergency Administration Training Tool" is also available as a PDF (PDF, 771KB, 36pg.)
- How to use GlucaGen HypoKit (WMV, 6.41MB)
- Download both the glucagon emergency administration training tool powerpoint and the hypokit demonstration video into the same computer directory
- To do this - place your curser over the Glucagon Emergency Administration Training Tool and right click your mouse.
- Go to "Save target as" (a browser will open up) - save this file in the directory you would like.
- Follow the same directions to save the video - How to use GlucaGen HypoKit.
- Once completed - go to the computer directory that the two files were saved.
- Start the powerpoint from that directory
- Begin the presentation
- When you get to slide 30 of the powerpoint, click on the animated movie projector and the hypokit video will play.
- Close the video when completed
- Resume powerpoint presentation.
- Emergency Hypoglycemia Care Plan for a Student with Diabetes (PDF,44KB, 1pg.)
- Diabetes Medical Management Plan (PDF, 80KB, 5pg.)
- Glucagon Administration Poster (PDF, 166KB, 1pg.)
- Glucagon Certification Form (PDF, 66KB, 2pg.)