Health Program Administrator 2
Open to Local County Department of Social Services Employees Only
- Hiring Rate:$73,768
- Location: NYS Department of Health- Office of Health Insurance Programs, Division of Health Reform and Health Insurance Exchange Integration, Albany, New York
The Division of Health Reform and Health Insurance Exchange Integration in the Office of Health Insurance Programs (OHIP), Department of Health (Department) is looking to fill a position that will focus on assuming some of the functions currently performed by the Local Departments of Social Services (LDSS) for the Medicaid program. This position will help ensure that the process of determining Medicaid, Family Health Plus (FHPlus) and Child Health Plus (CHPlus) eligibility is efficiently and effectively transitioned from the LDSS and the participating CHPlus health plans to a centralized processing unit. The Department has begun planning for the centralization of the eligibility and enrollment function and this position will be used to support the next phase of assuming the responsibilities of the LDSS.
Within the Division of Health Reform and Health Insurance Exchange Integration, the incumbents will provide support in the transition of administration of the Medicaid program from the LDSS to the NYS Health Department. This includes, but is not limited to functions related to the development, implementation and oversight of Medicaid eligibility policy. The incumbents will work closely with division staff to support the transition and administration of the Medicaid program from the LDSS to the NYS Health Department.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development of policy; recommending modification to procedures and reporting systems for implementing Medicaid programs and programmatic changes;
- Assisting in developing operational procedures related to centralizing certain Medicaid activities;
- Providing technical assistance to improve or correct operations;
- Participating in the design of program expansion and enrollment simplification initiatives;
- Identifying and analyzing the need for modification and improvement in policies and standards;
- Assisting in the development of automated systems;
- Reviewing and evaluating State and federal initiatives in the Medicaid area to determine the impact of these initiatives on existing programs and potential initiatives;
- Working collaboratively with DOH program areas and LDSS staff to discuss, recommend, and implement administrative changes to improve operations and solve problems;
- Supervising staff who are developing operational procedures related to centralizing eligibility determinations for the Medicaid programs;
- Providing leadership and oversight for the transition of activities from the LDSS to the NYS Health Department, including quality assurance activities; and
- Assisting in the leadership responsibilities for enhancement projects that affect the centralization of Medicaid eligibility determinations in his/her areas of responsibility.
- Eight (8) years professional experience in public health, public administration, public policy, social services, health insurance, or a related field. This may include experience in a public health agency, public or private social services organization or health insurer or health care provider. At least one (1) year of this experience must have included program management or supervision of professional level staff; OR
- Bachelor's degree and four (4) years of above described experience. At least one (1) year of this experience must have included program management or supervision of professional level staff;
- A Master's degree may substitute for one year of experience.
- College study may be substituted for up to four years of the required general experience, at the rate of 15 semester credit hours equaling six months of the required experience; AND
- Candidate must be a current employee of a NYS County with permanent status.
- Knowledge of the eligibility requirements for New York's Medicaid, CHPlus, and FHPlus programs;
- Strong, writing, verbal communication, interpersonal, and organization skills;
- Experience prioritizing goals, implementing programs, and allocating resources;
- Expertise in public health insurance programs; especially with eligibility and coverage policy issues;
- Ability to research and analyze information;
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team; and
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Submit resume to Division of Health Reform and Health Insurance Exchange Integration, One Commerce Plaza Room 826, Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237, or by e-mail to DHRHIEI@health.state.ny.us or by fax to (518) 473-2804. Please use the subject line HPA 2.
Submit resumes by:
The NYSDOH is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.