Health Program Administrator 4 (Anticipated Vacancy)
Open to Local County Department of Social Services Employees Only
- Hiring Rate: $90,684
- Grade: 29
- Location: NYS Department of Health- Office of Health Insurance Programs, Division of Health Reform and Health Insurance Exchange Integration, Albany, New York
The Division of Health Reform and Health Insurance Exchange Integration in the Office of Health Insurance Programs (OHIP), Department of Health is looking to fill a position that will focus on assuming some of the functions currently performed by the Local Departments of Social Services (LDSS) for the Medicaid program. This position will help ensure that the process of determining Medicaid, Family Health Plus (FHPlus) and Child Health Plus (CHPlus) eligibility is efficiently and effectively transitioned from the LDSS and the participating CHPlus health plans to a centralized processing unit. The Department has begun planning for the centralization of the eligibility and enrollment function and this position will be used to support the next phase of assuming the responsibilities of the LDSS.
This is a managerial level position within the Division of Health Reform and Health Insurance Exchange Integration. The incumbent will serve as the head of two units within the Bureau of Medicaid Enrollment and Exchange Integration and will work closely with division staff to support the transition and administration of the Medicaid program from the LDSS to the NYS Health Department. This includes, but is not limited to functions related to the development, implementation and oversight of Medicaid eligibility policy. Specific duties and responsibilities include assisting in and supervising staff in developing operational procedures related to centralizing third party health insurance activities, including cost effective determinations for payment of insurance premiums and eligibility determinations for the Medicare Savings Programs and Family Planning Benefit Program. The incumbent will also provide leadership and oversight for the transition of renewal processing activities from the LDSS to the NYS Health Department, and ongoing operation and quality assurance activities. The incumbent will have leadership responsibility for enhancement projects that affect the centralization of Medicaid eligibility determinations in his/her areas of responsibility. Project management will be required.
- Ten (10) years professional experience in public health, public administration, public policy, social services, health insurance, or a related field. This may include experience in a public health agency, public or private social services organization or health insurer or health care provider. At least three (3) years of this experience must have included program management or supervision of professional level staff; OR
- Bachelor's degree and six (6) years of above described experience. At least three (3) years of this experience must have included program management or supervision of professional level staff; AND
- A Master's degree may substitute for one year of experience.
- College study may be substituted for up to four years of the required general experience, at the rate of 15 semester credit hours equaling six months of the required experience.
- Candidate must be a current employee of a NYS County with permanent status.
- Expertise with New York's Medicaid, CHPlus, and FH Plus eligibility and coverage policy issues;
- Experience with Medicaid policy and procedures related to the Medicare Savings Program, Family Planning Benefit Program and Third Party Health Insurance;
- Strong, writing, verbal communication, interpersonal, and organization skills;
- Experience prioritizing goals, implementing programs, and allocating resources;
- Expertise in public health insurance programs; especially with eligibility and coverage policy issues;
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team; and
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Submit resume to Division of Health Reform and Health Insurance Exchange Integration, One Commerce Plaza Room 826, HPA 4, Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza, Albany NY 12237, or by e-mail to DHRHIEI@health.state.ny.us or by fax to (518) 473-2804. Please use the subject line HPA 4.
Submit resumes by:
An affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.