Are You Aware and Prepared?
"Are you AWARE and PREPARED? Find out if you're ready for an emergency" is available in Portable Document Format (PDF, 81KB, 2pg.)
Find out if you are ready for an emergency...
1. A family emergency plan is the best way to prepare you and your loved ones for a natural disaster or terrorist act.
2. A family emergency plan consists of having emergency supplies and a first aid kit handy.
3. Every family member should be familiar with your emergency plan since they each play an important role.
4. It's a good idea to identify a centrally located room in your house or space in your basement, in case you and your family need to "shelter in place."
5. It's important to keep phone numbers for the police, fire, local health department, poison control center and an out-of the-area family contact by each phone.
6. If you need to go to a public emergency shelter, your pets can go, too.
7. If you have duct tape and plastic, do not use it to seal a room - unless officials tell you to.
8. You should have at least a three day supply of emergency food and water on hand.
9. You need to have a first aid kit at home, even if you doctor is nearby.
10. Since terrorism is unlikely in my community, preparing for emergencies is not as important for me as it is for some other people