Lead Poisoning Prevention Curriculum for Preschool Children and their Families
Appreciation and thanks are given to the conscientious and enthusiastic members of the Lead Poisoning Prevention Curriculum Committee.
- Judith Bunn, M.S., R.D., WNY Nutrition Education and Training (NET) Program, Mt. Morris, NY.
- Theresa Calvin, B.S.N., Health/Mental Health Coordinator, Community Action Organization of Erie County, Inc., Buffalo, NY
- Brian English, Erie County Department of Health, Public Health Campaign, Buffalo, NY
- Barbara Frase, LN., Nurse Manager, Coordinator of Lead Program, Ambulatory Pediatrics, Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Buffalo, NY.
- Nancy Heidinger, PHN, R.N., Erie County Department of Health , Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program, Buffalo, NY.
- Barbara Goldpenny, American Dairy Association and Dairy Council, Western New York.
- Suzanne Grossman, R.D., Women, Infant and Children Program, Buffalo, NY.
- Kathleen Lesniak, Parent and President, Western New York PTA, Buffalo, NY
- Donald Levin, MA, Associate Executive Director, Prevention Resource Center, Buffalo State College, Co-Chair, Buffalo, NY.
- Barbara Longacre, Lead Poisoning Prevention Specialist, Developmental Disabilities Prevention Program/People, Inc., Co-Chair., Williamsville, NY.
- Cecile Mathis, J.D., R.D, Food Bank of Western New York, Buffalo, NY.
- Carol B. Melson, Assistant Education Coordinator, Community Action Organization of Erie County. Inc., Head Start Program, Buffalo, NY.
- Diane Moats, LN., Health and Safety Officer, Nurses United, CWA Local 1168, and Health and Safety Officer, Buffalo General Hospital, Buffalo, NY.
- Valerie Niezgoda, R.D, Geneva L Scruggs Community Health Center, Buffalo, NY.
- Ellen O'Callaghan Sheldon, Education/Career Development Training Coordinator, Community Action Organization of Erie County, Inc., Head Start Program, Buffalo, NY.
- Elsa Peters, R.D., Nutrition Resource Person, Grand Island, NY.
- Sharon Thayer, R.D. . Women, Infant and Children Program Buffalo, NY.
- Joe Zielinski, M.P.H., R.D., Monroe County Department of Health, Public Health Educator, Rochester, NY.
The Curriculum Committee wishes to thank the following individuals for their significant contribution to the development of this curriculum.
- Olivia Smith-Blackwell, M.D., Regional Health Director, New York State Department of Health. Buffalo, NY.
Associate Project Consultants:
- Frank Beyer, State Education Department, Safety Education, Albany, NY.
- Lillian Brand, Early Childhood Educator, Hamburg, NY.
- Melinda Cameron, M.D., Medical Director, Childhood Lead Treatment Program, Director of Pediatrics, Erie County Medical Center, Buffalo, NY.
- Marguerite Korzelius, Director of New York State-Funded Pre-K Program, Buffalo, NY.
- Janice Kostek, Director, A Children's Place of Buffalo, Buffalo, NY.
- Cara Metcalf, Early Childhood Program Specialist, Buffalo Speech/Hearing Center, Buffalo, NY.
- Byrna Nye, Education Supervisor, Bethel Head Start Program, Buffalo, NY.
- Diane Panepento, Director, Erie County Board of Cooperative Educational Services Preschool Program, Depew, NY.
- Jeanne Peterson, Director, Small Wonders Preschool, Amherst NY.
- K. Aurelia Raciti, M.D., Consultant, Westchester County Department of Health, Hawthorne, NY.
- Leila Samuels, Retired Early Childhood Specialist, Amherst, NY.