Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification for Children's Camps and Bathing Facilities
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification for Children's Camps and Bathing Facilities is available in Portable Document Format (PDF, 90KB, 2pg.)
Fact Sheet - February 2013
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification is Valid for ONE year from the Date of Certification, Regarless of Expiration Date on Card
The New York State Sanitary Code requires certain staff to possess a valid two-rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification in a course accepted by the Department as providing an adequate level of training as follows:
- Children's Camps (Subpart 7-2 of the State Sanitary Code) – CPR certification is required for the health director and other staff specified in Subpart 7-2.8 and 7-2.11(a)(5), aquatics director, lifeguards and certain trip and activity leaders1.
- Swimming Pools and Bathing Beaches (Subpart 6 of the State Sanitary Code) – CPR certification is required for all lifeguards (Supervision Levels I, IIa, IIb).
|American Red Cross||CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Providers
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer2
CPR/AED for Lifeguards2
|American Heart Association
Certification listing "Laerdal Medical" as the "TC address contact Info" and "Course Location" on the back of the card are not acceptable.
BLS for Health Care Providers
|American Lifeguard Association||Professional Rescuer CPR Instructor-led Course|
|American Safety & Health Institute||American Safety and Health CPR for Professional Rescuers (CPR PRO)|
|Emergency Care and Safety Institute||Health Care Provider CPR
Professional Rescuer CPR2
|EMS Safety Services, Inc.||CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer|
|Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada||Level C - Basic Rescuer CPR|
|National Safety Council||NSC Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (Course title -Basic Life Support for Healthcare and Professional Rescuers)
BLS Healthcare and Professional Rescuers2
|New York City Department of Parks & Recreation||Municipal CPR: Basic Life Support|
|New York State Department of Environmental Conservation||CPR/AED for Lifeguards, Camp Counselors and Camp Directors|
|Regional Emergency Medical Services Council of New York City||BCLS for Health Care Providers Course|
|St. John Ambulance Canada||Level C (Basic Rescuer) CPR|
- 1 A trip leader of a camp trip that includes an activity where emergency medical care is not readily available or an activity such as wilderness hiking, rock climbing, camping, horseback riding, bicycling, swimming and/or boating shall possess or be accompanied by staff who possess certification in a course listed on this Fact Sheet.
An activity leader of an activity on the camp property where other CPR certified staff is not readily available shall possess or be accompanied by staff who possess certification in a course listed on this Fact Sheet.
- 2 The CPR course is no longer offered, existing certifications are valid for a maximum of 1 year from date of certification.