Level III and IV Aquatic Supervision Staff Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certifications for Bathing Facilities
Fact Sheet – February 2014
- Level III and IV Aquatic Supervision Staff Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certifications for Bathing Facilities is available in Portable Document Format (PDF).
Level III and IV Aquatic Supervisory Staff are required to possess an American Red Cross Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification or equivalent (except when staff is employed at bathing facilities that are part of a temporary residence or campground). As a result of changes in American Red Cross Certification curriculum, the code standard "Community CPR" is no longer taught. Acceptable certification equivalents are listed below.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certifications are Valid for ONE year from the Date of Certification, Regardless of Expiration Date on Card
|American Heart Association||Heartsaver CPR AED|
|American Red Cross||Adult CPR/AED with Pediatric CPR|
|Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED|
|Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED|
|Emergency Care and Safety Institute||Adult, Child, Infant CPR|
|Adult, Child, Infant CPR/AED|
|EMS Safety Services, Inc.||CPR|
|Medic First Aid2||Medic First Aid Basic and Medic First Aid Infant & Child Supplement3|
|Medic First Aid CarePlus CPR4|
- CPR certifications listed on the Fact Sheet, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification for NYS Children's Camps and NYS Bathing Facilities exceed the requirements for Level III and IV CPR courses and are acceptable.
- Cards must be accompanied by a "Successful Evaluation Certificate" which indicates that the individual has passed written and performance evaluations.
- Both certifications required.
- Card must indicate that Adult, Infant, and Child Skills were taught.