DAL 14-06: Revised ACF Closure Guidelines
March 19, 2014
DAL: DAL 14-06
Dear Adult Care Facility Operator:
The purpose of this letter is to inform Adult Care Facility (ACF) Operators and Administrators that the Adult Care Facility Closure Guidelines have been revised. Newly added or revised components include the following:
- An admission/discharge roster showing the last six (6) months at the time of submission of the plan.
- In addition to a narrative description of the proposed plan to notify residents, next of kin, sponsors, staff and physicians, a copy of the sample letter to the resident, resident's representative, family and staff should be provided with the closure plan. The letter should include a contact name and phone number in the event questions should arise. It should also indicate who will be signing the letter.
- A description of a plan to involve the facility's Ombudsman in addition to other agency staff and providers serving the residents.
- A date new admission will stop and a plan to notify all referring institutions.
- A plan to dispose of drugs and biologicals, chemicals, radioactive materials.
- A plan for appropriate record retention. This plan should include security measures, the name, address and phone number of the location where the records will be stored.
- In addition to a final placement roster and the submission of the ACF Annual Statistical Form for the current year; the original copy of the facility's Operating Certificate must be returned to the DOH Regional Office within 48 hours following the last resident's discharge. This can be accomplished by registered mail or hand delivery.
- When the last resident has been discharged from the facility, the individual responsible for carrying out the closure plan should contact the appropriate DOH regional office to verify that all aspects of the closure plan have been successfully completed.
If you have any questions related to the revised closure plan guideline, please contact the Program Manager in your Regional Office.
Valerie A. Deetz, Director
Division of Adult Care Facility and Assisted Living