Uniform Assessment System NY Project Update - May 17, 2012
The New York State Department of Health, Division of Long Term Care (DLTC) has started the beta test of the Uniform Assessment System for New York (UAS-NY). Forty-two organizations from across the State, representing Medicaid long term care home and community based programs and plans, are participating in the beta test.
These organizations will help provide information to inform the development and the implementation of the UAS-NY. Specifically, these organizations will provide insight into:
- system technical stability;
- integration of UAS-NY;
- impact on assessed individuals; and
- potential statewide roll-out strategies.
To support an effective and manageable beta test, the sites will phase into testing over a five-week period (which began April 30, 2012). Each beta site will engage in a series of activities spanning an eleven-week period. These activities include:
- completing the self-paced, online courses that are available through the UAS-NY Training Environment;
- conducting the UAS-NY Community Assessment on individuals (both new referrals and existing participants);
- using report options; and
- reviewing current business practices to identify changes to support UAS-NY acceptance.
The scope of the UAS-NY has been expanded to include additional functionality, including capabilities related to service planning. To accommodate these expanded capabilities, an additional iteration of software development will take place after the beta. Final testing of all functionality is expected to be completed in November 2012. A pilot implementation will take place from late November through February 2013. The pilot will include beta test sites and additional organizations. Statewide implementation is slated to begin in February or of March 2013.
The Division of Long Term Care plans to conduct a webinar in September to provide an update on the UAS-NY project. Registration information for this webinar will be posted on this website by mid-August.
For additional information on the project, email@example.com.