Guidelines for Committee Observers and Participants
The Public Health and Health Planning Council welcomes interested observers and participants at its Standing Committee's meeting, which are public meetings. However, in order to make these meetings as productive as possible for all concerned, the Council has established certain ground rules so as not to disrupt the business of the meetings.
- All Press inquiries concerning Council or Department activities should be directed to the Director of Public Affairs at (518) 474-7354, and in the Director's absence, to the Executive Secretary.
- The Chairman may decline to admit observers and others while a meeting is in process and may temporarily excuse observers from certain portions of a meeting, e.g. non-public consideration of Section 2801-b allegations.
- Any interruption of the meeting for the taking of photographs by the news media will require approval of the Chairman before the start of the meeting.
- Observers and participants will be accommodated within the physical limitations of the meeting room. Observers and participants will be identified and introduced to the Chairman of the Committee who may read their identification into the record of the meeting.
- Discussion during the meeting is limited to the public who have signed up on the Speaker's list.
- Staff to the Council members may be contacted by observers, generally before or after the meeting, for clarification of agenda items or discussion, interviews, general information on the Council, etc.
Copies of Member listings and the schedule of Council meetings for the year are available on request.