Guidelines for Observers for Full Public Health and Health Planning Council
The Public Health and Health Planning Council welcomes interested observers at its meetings of the whole body, which are public meetings. However, in order to make these meetings as productive as possible for all concerned, the Council has established certain ground rules so as not to disrupt the business of the meetings.
- All Press inquiries concerning Council or Department activities should be directed to the Director of Public Affairs at (518) 474-7354, and in the Director's absence, to the Executive Secretary.
- The Chairman may decline to admit observers and others while a meeting is in process and may temporarily excuse observers from certain portions of a meeting, e.g. non-public consideration of Section 2801-b allegations.
- Any interruption of the meeting for the taking of photographs by the news media will require approval of the Chairman before the start of the meeting.
- Observers will be accommodated within the physical limitations of the meeting room. Observers will be identified and introduced to the Chairman of the Council who may read their identification into the record of the meeting.
- Discussion during the meeting is limited to only the Council members (who may request information or reports from staff to the Council) unless prior approval to participate in a discussion has been granted by the Chairman.
- Staff to the Council members may be contacted by observers, generally before or after the meeting, for clarification of agenda items or discussion, interviews, general information on the Council, etc.
Copies of Member listings and the schedule of Council meetings for the year are available on request.