2015 Managed Care Regional Consumer Guides
To view reports on health plans in your region, select from the list of regions below.
- Central New York Region
- Hudson Valley Region
- Long Island Region
- New York City Region
- Northeast Region
- Western Region
About the Guides
Choosing a managed care plan that meets the health care needs of you and your family is an important decision. These guides will help you make that decision. They have information about the quality of care offered by the different plans, and people's opinions about the care and services the plans provide.
There are other things you need to think about too. Is your doctor in the plan? How close is the doctor's office to your home? Does the plan have special services that you and your family need?
Talk with friends, your doctor, and your local social services counselors before making a decision. Ask questions to make sure you know what each plan offers.
In a managed health care plan:
- You have a regular doctor. This person is your Primary Care Provider.
- You can get regular check-ups.
- There is no limit on the number of visits you or your children can have with your doctor.
- You can reach your provider's office or health plan 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You can access clinics, laboratories, specialists, and hospitals.
Talk to your doctor about which managed care health plan(s) he/she participates in.