Medicaid Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Board Meeting Agenda for December 9, 2010
The Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Board will meet on December 9, 2010, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Meeting Room 6, Concourse, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York.
A. Drug Utilization Review of the following drugs/drug classes:
- 1. Interferons used in the treatment of Hepatitis-C
- Drugs Affected: PegIntron (peginterferon alfa-2b), Pegasys (peginterferon alfa-2a).
- 2. Propoxyphene
- Drugs Affected: Darvocet A500 (propoxyphene napsylate and acetaminophen), Darvocet-N 50 (propoxyphene napsylate and acetaminophen), Darvocet-N 100 (propoxyphene napsylate and acetaminophen), Darvon (propoxyphene), Darvon-N (propoxyphene napsylate), propoxyphene HCl, propoxyphene-acetaminophen.
- 3. Proton Pump Inhibitors
- Drugs Affected: Aciphex (rabeprazole), Dexilant (dexlansoprazole), lansoprazole, Nexium (esomeprazole), omeprazole OTC, omeprazole Rx, omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate, pantoprazole, Prevacid OTC (lansoprazole), Prevacid Rx (lansoprazole), Prilosec OTC (omeprazole), Prilosec Rx (omeprazole), Protonix (pantoprazole).
B. Prescriber Education Program (PEP) Update
C. Palivizumab Guidelines Update
D. Utilization Threshold Program Update
E. Psychiatric Services and Clinical Knowledge Enhancement System (PSYCKES) Update
F. RetroDUR Overview
Agenda Timeline (subject to change based on meeting proceedings)
|9:00 - 9:15||Welcome and Introductions|
|9:15 - 9:30||Public Comment Period*|
|9:30 - 10:00||Prescriber Education Program (PEP) Update|
|10:00 - 11:15||Palivizumab Guidelines Update|
|11:15 - 11:30||Break|
|11:30 - 12:00||Utilization Threshold Program Update|
|12:00 - 1:00||Lunch (Executive Session)|
|1:00 - 1:45||Drug Utilization Review: Propoxyphene|
|1:45 - 2:15||Psychiatric Services and Clinical Knowledge Enhancement System (PSYCKES) Update|
|2:15 - 2:30||Break|
|2:30 - 3:30||Drug Utilization Review: Interferons|
|3:30 - 4:00||Drug Utilization Review: Proton Pump Inhibitors|
|4:00 - 4:30||RetroDUR Overview|
*Interested parties must notify the Drug Utilization Review Manager at least one (1) week prior to the meeting of their request to address the DUR Board during the public comment period. Requests may be made by calling 518-486-3209 or e-mailing DUR@health.state.ny.us (Public comments are limited to the specific topics on the agenda, must be brief (2 minutes), and the total comment period will not exceed sixty (60) minutes. All written statements, up to two (2) pages in length must be received up to one (1) week in advance of the meeting. These statements should summarize key points.
NOTE: For those submitting information greater than two (2) pages in length for DUR Board review and consideration must do so at least two (2) weeks prior to the meeting date or the Board may not have ample time to review the information.