Medicaid Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Board Meeting Agenda for March 10, 2011
The Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Board will meet on March 10, 2011, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Meeting Room 6, Concourse, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York.
A. Drug Utilization Review of the following drugs/drug classes:
- 1. Central Nervous System Stimulants
- Drugs: Adderall (amphetamine, dextroamphetamine mixed salts), Adderall XR (amphetamine, dextroamphetamine mixed salts XR), amphetamine salt combo extended release, amphetamine salt combo immediate release, Concerta (methylphenidate), Daytrana (methylphenidate), Desoxyn (methamphetamine), Dexedrine Spansule (dextroamphetamine), dexmethylphenidate, dextroamphetamine, dextroamphetamine SR, Focalin (dexmethylphenidate), Focalin XR (dexmethylphenidate XR), Metadate CD (methylphenidate hydrochloride CD), Metadate ER (methylphenidate hydrochloride extended-release), methamphetamine, Methylin (methylphenidate), Methylin ER (methylphenidate ER), methylphenidate, methylphenidate ER/SA, Nuvigil (armodafinil), Procentra (dextroamphetamine), Provigil (modafinil), Ritalin (methylphenidate), Ritalin LA (methylphenidate LA), Ritalin SR (methylphenidate SR), Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine).
- 2. Antibiotics (miscellaneous)
- Drugs: doxycycline delayed-release, Doryx (doxycycline hyclate delayed-release), Moxatag (extended-release amoxicillin).
- 3. Non-Benzodiazepine Sedative Hypnotic Agents
- Drugs: Ambien (zolpidem), Ambien CR (zolpidem CR), Edluar (zolpidem), Lunesta (eszopiclone), Rozerem (ramelteon), Sonata (zaleplon), zaleplon, zolpidem, zolpidem ER.
- 4. Anabolic Steroids
- Drugs: Anadrol-50 (oxymetholone), Androderm (testosterone transdermal), AndroGel (testosterone topical gel), Android (methyltestosterone), Androxy (fluoxymesterone), Delatestryl (testosterone enanthate), Depo-Testosterone (testosterone cypionate), Methitest (methyltestosterone), Oxandrin (oxandrolone), oxandrolone, Testim (testosterone gel), testosterone cypionate, testosterone enanthate, Testred (methyltestosterone).
B. Program Updates
- 1. Prescriber Education Program (PEP)
- 2. DUR Retrospective Analysis
- 3. Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Treatment Guidelines
- 4. DUR Website Enhancements
Agenda Timeline (subject to change based on meeting proceedings)
|9:00 - 9:15||Welcome and Introductions|
|9:15 - 9:30||Public Comment Period*|
|9:30 - 10:00||Prescriber Education Program (PEP) Update|
|10:00 - 11:15||Drug Utilization Review|
|11:15 - 11:30||Break|
|11:30 - 12:00||DUR Retrospective Analysis|
|12:00 - 12:15||Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Treatment Guidelines|
|12:15 - 1:15||Lunch (Executive Session)|
|1:15 - 2:45||Drug Utilization Review (continued)|
|2:45 - 3:00||Break|
|3:00 - 3:30||DUR Website Enhancements|
*Interested parties must notify DOH at least one (1) week prior to the meeting of their request to address the DUR Board during the public comment period. Requests may be made by calling 518-486-3209 or e-mailing: DUR@health.state.ny.us
Public comments are limited to the specific topics on the agenda, must be brief (2 minutes), and the total comment period will not exceed sixty (60) minutes.
All written statements must be received in an electronic format up to one (1) week in advance of the meeting. Written statements should summarize key points and may not exceed two (2) pages in length.
NOTE: For those submitting information greater than two (2) pages in length for DUR Board review and consideration must do so at least two (2) weeks prior to the meeting date or the Board may not have ample time to review the information.