Drug Utilization Review Board Membership
Requirements for serving on the New York State Drug Utilization Review Board pursuant to SSL Title 11 C Section 369-bb. are as follows:
- The members of the DUR Board shall be appointed by the Commissioner and shall serve a three-year term. Members may be reappointed upon the completion of other terms. The membership shall be comprised of the following:
- (a) Five persons licensed and actively engaged in the practice of medicine in the state, at least one of whom shall have expertise in the area of mental health, which shall be selected from a list of nominees provided by the Medical Society of the State of New York and other medical associations.
- (b) Five persons licensed and actively practicing in community pharmacy in the state that shall be selected from a list of nominees provided by pharmaceutical societies/associations of New York State.
- (c) Two persons with expertise in drug utilization review who are either health care professionals licensed under Title VIII of the education law or who are pharmacologists.
- (d) One person from the Department (Commissioner or designee).
- The appointed members to the Board or its agents shall have no sanctions against them by Medicare or Medicaid.
- The appointments to this Board shall be made so that the length of the terms is staggered. In making the appointments, the Commissioner shall consider geographic balance in the representation on the Board.
Nominations for Board membership are accepted continuously and can be submitted to the DUR Program at firstname.lastname@example.org. If no vacancies exist, nominations will we kept on file for consideration once a position becomes available. Questions can be directed to the DUR Program Manager, John Naioti, at 518-486-3209.
Name and Affiliation:
- David F. Lehmann, M.D., Pharm.D.
Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Anita Radix, M.D.
Associate Medical Director, Callen Lorde Community Health Center
- John McIntyre, M.D.
Private Practice of Psychiatry, Professor of Psychiatry, University of Rochester
- James D. Saperstone, M.D., FAAP
Private Practice, General Pediatrics
- Leigh A. Briscoe-Dwyer, BS, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP
Chief Pharmacy and Medication Safety Officer, North Shore - LIJ Health System
- Benedict Ho, R.Ph.
Director, Wellspan Pharmacy and
Director, Health Community Pharmacy, York, PA
- Seana O'Mara, Pharm. D, Clinical Pharmacist,
Department of Veterans Affairs, Rochester Outpatient Clinic
- Joseph Paladino, Pharm.D.
Clinical Professor, State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Jadwiga Najib, Pharm.D.
Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, Long Island University - Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy
- John F. Naioti, Jr., R.Ph.
Drug Utilization Review Manager, NYS Department of Health - Office of Health Insurance Programs
- Michelle Rainka, Pharm.D., CCRP
Clinical Pharmacist, Dent Neurologic Institute
- John A. Noviasky, R.Ph., Pharm.D., FNYSCHP, BCPS
Clinical Coordinator-Pharmacy Department
Upstate University Hospital at Community General