NYS Implementation of Health Homes Guidance Documents and Contracting
Implementation of Health Homes for Medicaid enrollees with chronic conditions was recommended by the Governor Cuomo's Medicaid Redesign Team. As a result, this initiative was included in the Governor's SFY11/12 Budget and was adopted into law effective April 1, 2011. Social Services Law (SSL) Section 365-L authorizes the Commissioner of Health, in collaboration with the Commissioners of the Office of Mental Health, Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services, and the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities, to establish health homes for NYS Medicaid enrollees with chronic conditions.
The Department is in the process of developing the Health Home program. More information about health homes will be available on this website in the coming weeks.
- MRT Health Home Proposal #89 document (PDF, 6.64MB, 245pg.)
- MRT Health Home Proposal #89 work plan (XLS, 836KB)
- Additional information on SSL 365-L
Questions and/or comments regarding New York's implementation of health homes can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medicaid State Plan Amendment (#11-56) Phase 1
- NYS Medicaid State Plan Amendment (#11-56) Approved for Phase 1
- State Plan Amendment (#11-56) (PDF, 198KB, 25pg.)
Medicaid State Plan Amendments (#12-10) and (#12-11) Phase 2 and 3
- Medicaid State Plan Amendment (#12-10) and (#12-11) Phase 2 and 3 - Approved by CMS -12/4/12
Implementation Guidance Documents
- Health Home Provider Qualifications
- NCQA Health Plan Accreditation- Implications for Health Home
- High Cost Population Characteristics (PDF, 20KB, 1pg.)
- Health Home - Managed Care and Fee-For-Service Flowchart (PPT, 1.3MB, 2 slides