Phase-in Plan for Applications
April 2, 2012
Phasing in Health Home Implementation
- Phase I - 10 Counties:
- Bronx, Clinton, Kings (Brooklyn), Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Nassau, Schenectady, Warren, Washington
- Health Homes application due date for Phase I counties only is November 1, 2011.
- Implementation is scheduled for February 1, 2012
- Phase II – 13 Counties:
- Dutchess, Erie, Manhattan, Monroe, Orange, Putnam, Queens, Richmond (Staten Island), Rockland, Suffolk, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester,
- Health Homes application due date for Phase II counties only is February 15, 2012.
- Implementation is tentatively scheduled for April 1, 2012.
- Phase III – 39 Counties:
- Albany, Allegany, Broome, Cattaraugus, Cayuga, Chautauqua, Chemung, Chenango, Columbia, Cortland, Delaware, Fulton, Genesee, Greene, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Livingston, Madison, Montgomery, Niagara, Ontario, Oneida, Onondaga, Orleans, Oswego, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schoharie, Schuyler, Seneca, St. Lawrence, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Wayne, Wyoming, Yates
- UPDATED Health Home preliminary application due date for those who submitted a Letter of Intent in September 2011 for Phase III counties only is May 1, 2012
- UPDATED Health Homes final application due date for Phase III counties only is June 1, 2012.
- Implementation is tentatively scheduled for July 1, 2012.
NEW Preliminary Application Information
The New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH) is now accepting preliminary information from organizations planning to apply for Phase III of the Health Home program. To give Phase III counties more time in developing Health Home partnerships, DOH is postponing the application deadline for Phase III counties. Preliminary application information (see below) is due May 1 and final applications are due by COB June 1.
How do I determine if I should apply to become a Health Home?
All the requirements for serving as a Health Home are listed under the Provider qualifications. View Health Home Provider Qualifications and Health Homes for Medicaid Enrollees with Chronic Conditions.
How do I submit preliminary information for the Phase III Health Home program?
DOH will utilize the Health Home online application to collect preliminary information for Phase III. The online application is located on the bottom of the Health Home website at this location: http://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/program/medicaid_health_homes/index.htm
The whole application does NOT need to be filled out at this time. Preliminary application information is due by May 1.
What areas and questions of the online application form are required to submit my preliminary information?
1) Applicant Information section - Complete this whole section which includes the name, address and NPI of the Organization, Type of Organization, Licensure/ Certification Number (as applicable), Pay- to-Address including city, state and zip code, Organization Contact Person and title, telephone number, fax number and email address and Health Home Service Regions.
2) Section A. Health Home Provider Specific Information, Question #1- Provide a general description of your organization and experience in providing integrated care services.
3) Section B. Health Home Provider Network & Program Capacity, Question #1- Check the appropriate provider types included in your network.
4) Section B. Health Home Provider Network & Program Capacity. Table 1.2 Health Home Organization Network Partners ONLY. Individual provider list (table 1.1) is not needed for preliminary information due by May 1. Individual providers may be submitted when the application is completed, due June 1.
5) Check off the Attestation Check box at the end of the online application form. Hard Copies of the Attestation are due with the completed application by June 1.
What do I do when I have completed #1-#5 above?
1)SAVE the online information using the SAVE button. Create a bookmark or favorite to the preliminary application. This will allow you to access your saved application on the same computer you created your application to continue to complete and submit the application by June 1. *See further Application Instructions below.
2)Send an email to the Health Home mailbox using the webform located here, https://apps.health.ny.gov/pubdoh/health_care/medicaid/program/medicaid_health_homes/emailHealthHome.action
3)If you have any questions, please contact the Health Home mailbox or visit the Health Home website for additional information on Health Homes.
*Application Instructions for creating the Health Home application:
- Enable cookies on your browser – this prohibits the cookie on your computer that links directly to your saved application from being cleared.
- Complete the application on the same computer and browser that you initially saved it on.
- Click "Save" regularly.
- Final application is due June 1, 2012- Remember to click "Submit" only when you have completed your application information between May 1- June 1, 2012.
- Bookmark your application web address (URL) in "Favorites" or create a desktop shortcut.
- Print a copy of your application for your records, if desired.
Questions and More information
If you have any questions, please contact the Health Home mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Health Home website for additional information on Health Homes.
The application and detailed instructions are available at: Health Home Application