Medicaid Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee Agenda for November 4, 2010
The Pharmacy & Therapeutics (P&T) Committee will meet November 4, 2010, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Meeting Room 6, Concourse, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York
A. Preferred Drug Program (PDP)
The Committee will review the following therapeutic classes for Preferred Drug Program inclusion and recommend preferred and non-preferred status.
- Insulin - Long-Acting
Drugs Affected: Lantus (insulin glargine [rDNA origin]), Levemir (insulin detemir [rDNA origin])
- Insulin - Rapid-Acting
Drugs Affected: Apidra (insulin glulisine [rDNA origin]), Humalog (insulin lispro [rDNA origin]), Novolog (insulin aspart [rDNA origin])
- Insulin - Mixes
Drugs Affected: Humalog Mix 50-50 and 75-25 (insulin lispro protamine/insulin lispro [rDNA origin]), Novolog Mix 70-30 (insulin aspart protamine/insulin aspart [rDNA origin])
- Buprenorphine used in the treatment of Opioid Dependence
Drugs Affected: buprenorphine SL (sublingual) tablet, Suboxone (buprenorphine/naloxone SL tablet), Suboxone Film (buprenorphine/naloxone SL film), Subutex (buprenorphine SL tablet)
B. Clinical Drug Review Program (CDRP)
After reviewing (Regranex) becaplermin at the March 11, 2010 meeting, the Committee will review additional information in order to evaluate for CDRP inclusion.
C. Mandatory Generic Drug Program (MDGP)
The Committee will review established exemption criteria*.
Agenda Timeline (subject to change based on meeting proceedings)
|8:30 - 8:45||Welcome and Introductions|
|8:45 - 9:45||Public Comment Period|
|9:45 - 10:00||Break|
|10:00 - 12:30||PDP Review: Insulin- Long-Acting, Insulin- Short-Acting, Insulin- Mixes and Buprenorphine|
|12:30 - 1:30||Lunch Break/Executive Session (evaluation of confidential rebate information)|
|1:30 - 1:45||Summary of Recommendations|
|1:45 - 3:00||CDRP Regranex Review MDGP Review|
|3:00 - 3:30||Final Comments and Adjournment|
- Interested parties must notify DOH by October 27, 2010 of their request to address the Committee during the public comment period. Requests may be made by calling 518-486-3209 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org (please reference November P&TC Meeting).
- Public comments are limited to therapeutic classes on the agenda and new clinical information for the PDP classes being re-reviewed. Comments must be brief (2 minutes) and the total comment period will not exceed 60 minutes.
- All written statements must be received in an electronic format by October 27, 2010. Written statements should summarize key points and may not exceed two (2) pages in length.
- Any studies cited should be referenced, with the primary source of funding included.
- Clinical information must be submitted in an electronic format by October 20, 2010 or the Committee may not have ample time to review the information.