Medicaid Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee Membership
Requirements for serving on the New York State Department of Health Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee are as follows:
- The Committee will be appointed by the Commissioner and consist of eighteen (18) members.
Fourteen of the members will be clinicians, preferably with experience in at least one of the following specialties: HIV/AIDS, geriatrics, pediatrics, mental health, or internal medicine and will be comprised of the following:
- Six (6) licensed and actively practicing physicians.
- Six (6) licensed and actively practicing pharmacists.
- One (1) licensed and actively practicing nurse practitioner or midwife.
- One (1) pharmacologist or Pharm.D. with an expertise in drug utilization review.
- Three (3) members will be consumers or consumer representatives of organizations with a regional or statewide constituency and who have been involved in activities related to health care consumer advocacy, including issues affecting Medicaid or EPIC recipients.
- Chairperson designated pursuant to subdivision four of this section.
- The appointed members of this Committee shall have no sanctions against them by Medicare or Medicaid.
- Each Committee member shall serve for a three year term except that for the initial appointments, five (5) members shall serve one year terms, seven (7) shall serve two year terms, and five (5) shall serve three year terms.
- The Commissioner shall designate a member of the department to serve as chairperson of the Committee.
Nominations for Committee membership are accepted continuously and can be submitted to the P & T Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. If no vacancies exist, nominations will be kept on file for consideration once a position becomes available. Questions on membership and candidacy can be directed to the P&T Committee Member Liaison, Daniel McNamara at 518-486-3209.
Name and Affiliation:
- Mary Lee Wong, M.D.
Internal and Pediatric Medicine, Allergy and Immunology
Beth Israel Medical Center
- Renante F. Ignacio, MD, FACP, AGSF, CMD.
Elder Medical Services
- Andrew T. Cheng, M.D.
Private Practice/Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
- Glenn A. Martin, M.D.
- David F. Lehmann, M.D., Pharm D.
Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology
SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Physician Vacancy
- Andrew G. Flynn, R.Ph.
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences,
Community Practice Coordinator
- William P. Scheer, R.Ph.
Independent Pharmacy Owner
- Roxanne Hall Richardson, R.Ph.
- Pharmacist Vacancy
- Donna Chiefari, Pharm D.
Empire / Wellpoint
- Jeffrey Dubitsky, R.Ph.
NYC Health & Hospital Corporation
- Nancy Balkon, Ph.D., NP
Stony Brook University School of Nursing,
Clinical Associate Professor
- Tamara Goldberg, Pharm D.
Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
- Marla Suzan Eglowstein, M.D.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- John Wikiera.
Central New York Health Systems Agency, AIDS Care Inc, SUNY UMU ID Clinic (DAC)
- Consumer Vacancy
- Jason A. Helgerson,
Commissioner Designee Deputy Commissioner, Office of Heath Insurance Programs