Home & Community-Based Services (HCBS) Final Rule
- We welcome public comment on this plan. The deadline for comments has been extended to September 9, 2016 by close of business. Please email comments to HCBSrule@health.ny.gov, or send written comments to:
- New York State Department of Health
Office of Health Insurance Program
Division of Long Term Care
Attn: Deborah Rhatigan
One Commerce Plaza
99 Washington Ave., Suite 1620
Albany, NY 12210
Recently, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) published the final rule related to Home and Community-Based Services Settings (HBCS) for Medicaid-funded, long term services and supports provided in non-institutional residential settings. This rule implements a number of changes to home and community-based waivers, finalizes regulatory changes to the 1915(i) state plan home and community-based services and imposes new requirements on what is considered an appropriate home and community-based residential setting for all the authorities in its scope.
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Statewide Transition Plan Webinar Slides 8.18.16 (PDF, 632KB)
- HCBS Federal Rule (PDF, 722KB)
- Statewide Transition Plan submitted to CMS
- * The full recording of this HCBS webinar will be available and posted here by September 2016.