Patient Centered Medical Home
PCMH Application Discount Code
The New York State Department of Health (NSYDOH), in partnership with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), is permitted to offer a sponsorship code (a 20% discount) to clinicians who participate with Medicaid in New York and are applying to NCQA for new or renewed Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition. The discount code may be applied to pre-clinician submission fees for the 2011 or 2014 PCMH recognition programs. Because NCQA offers multi-site practices of three or more independent sites a 50% discount per clinician application fees, such practices are not eligible for an additional discount through this sponsorship.
The NYSDOH-sponsored discount code is available only to clinicians who currently participate with the New York State Medicaid program. To obtain the code, the applicant must send a written request for the code to the NYSDOH at email@example.com. The request must include the name and National Provider Identifier (NPI) of each clinician requesting use of the code. Please allow up to two weeks for the NYSDOH to review your request once submitted.
Once obtained, the code can be entered into the 'discount code' field of the NCQA PCMH online application any time prior to submission in order to apply a 20% discount. Questions specific to NYSDOH's PCMH discount code can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. General questions about NCQA's PCMH recognition, sponsorship program, or online application should be sent to NCQA via their online portal: http://ncqa.force.com/pcs/login
PCMH Quarterly Report
The report is intended to provide a snapshot of the PCMH program as well as an illustration of how the program is changing over time.
- Provider Information: includes the number of PCMH-recognized providers in the state by recognition level
- Enrollee Information: includes counts of NYS Medicaid enrollees who see PCMH-recognized primary care providers
- Fiscal Information: includes the amount spent on PCMH by New York State Medicaid through increased capitation rates to recognized providers and fee-for-service 'add-ons' for qualifying visits with recognized providers.
- September 2014 (PDF, 775KB, 13pg.)
- June 2014 (PDF, 877KB, 13pg.)
- March 2014 (PDF, 828KB, 11pg.)
- December 2013 (PDF, 787KB, 11pg.)
- September 2013 (PDF, 725KB, 10pg.)
- June 2013 (PDF, 8614KB, 10pg.)
- March 2013 (PDF, 583KB, 23pg.)
- December 2012 (PDF, 576KB, 21pg.)
The Patient Centered Medical Home Initiative in New York State Medicaid
This 2013 Report to the Governor and the Legislature describes the different PCMH initiatives that New York State Medicaid is participating in, as well as information on program trends, evaluation results, and accomplishments.
- PCMH Initiative in NYS Medicaid, April 2013 (PDF, 911KB, 23pg.)