Uniform Assessment System for New York
In March 2013, the Office of Health Insurance Programs, Division of Long Term Care began the implementation of the Uniform Assessment System for New York (UAS-NY). The overall goal of the UAS-NY is to utilize a comprehensive assessment system within eight Medicaid home and community-based long-term care services and programs. The transition to the UAS-NY is expected to be completed by March 2014.
Project Information and Updates
The availability of information to the appropriate providers will support care planning and service delivery for an individual.
The UAS-NY includes the following three assessment instruments:
- UAS-NY Community Assessment, a comprehensive assessment used for adults, age 18 and over, in home and community-based long-term care programs
- UAS-NY Pediatric Assessment for Ages 4 through 17
- UAS-NY Pediatric Assessment from Birth through Age 3
The UAS-NY contains reporting functionality for information on individuals assessed, as well as aggregate or agency-wide information, which will be immediately available to users during and upon completion of the assessment. The UAS-NY also includes an ad hoc reporting function that will enable users to create customized reports and to download information from the UAS-NY. This data can then be uploaded to an organization's local management system.
The UAS-NY includes an integrated training environment to help users learn about the UAS-NY assessment instruments and the application. The UAS-NY Training Environment is accessed through the Health Commerce System (HCS) and includes a range of online, self-paced courses and a wide of resources designed as an ongoing resource to promote the effective use of the UAS-NY.
The UAS-NY will be used in the following programs and plans: Adult Day Health Care, Assisted Living, Care at Home I and II, Managed Long Term Care, Long Term Home Health Care, Personal Care, Consumer Directed Home Care, Nursing Home Transition and Diversion Waiver, and Traumatic Brain Injury Waiver.
Questions can be directed to the UAS-NY Support Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 518-408-1021.
- UAS-NY Statewide Implementation Plan Update (March 12, 2013) (PDF, 253KB)
- UAS-NY Transition Guide (May 14, 2013) (PDF, 905KB)
- What the Implementation Plan of the UAS-NY Means for Your Organization v2013-05-13 (PDF, 113KB)
- UAS-NY Reporting
- UAS-NY Program Assessments (PDF, 99KB)
- UAS-NY Project Update: May 17, 2012
- Uniform Assessment System for Long-Term Care in New York State: Phase I and II Progress
- Medicaid Redesign: Uniform Assessment System for Long-Term Care in New York State
Presentations and Webinars
- Understanding the UAS-NY – Demonstration for TBISCC October 2, 2014
- UAS-NY Six-month Follow-up Webinar May 2, 2014
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF, 561 KB)
- UAS-NY Long Term Home Health Care Webinar September 20, 2013
- UAS-NY Assisted Living Program Webinar July 31, 2013
- UAS-NY Regional Webinar May 13, 2013
- UAS-NY Coordinator Webinar May 1, 2013
- Accessing the UAS-NY Webinar May 13, 2013
- UAS-NY Implementation - Implications for ALP Billing Webinar (March 6, 2013)
- UAS-NY Managed Long Term Care Plan Implementation Webinar February 12, 2013
- UAS-NY Project Update Webinar January 29, 2013
- UAS-NY Project Update Webinar December 14, 2012
- UAS-NY Update: December 14, 2011 Interested Parties Meeting
- UAS-NY Update: October 6, 2011 SPEED ROUNDS Presentation (PDF, 542KB)
UAS-NY Training Environment
- "Overview of the UAS-NY Community Assessment" video (WMV, 9.8MB)
- "Administering the UAS-NY Community Assessment" video (WMV, 8.1MB)