| top |
|Does the 2% Medicaid payment reduction apply to waiver programs?
||The final 2013-14 State Budget authorizes alternative methods be considered to achieve proportionate savings. The following describes each waiver program´s DOH approved path to achieve commensurate savings.
- The following waiver programs will generate savings by the following alternative methods other than a rate reduction:
- LTHHCP- Alternative proposal accepted to generate commensurate savings through an increase of the cash assessment
- Managed Long Term Care- Alternative proposal to generate commensurate savings through reducing premium levels
- Manage Care- Alternative proposal to generate commensurate savings through reducing premium levels
- The following waiver programs are exempt from the 2% reduction because they are not operated by DOH:
- OMH HCBS Waiver- Exempt
- Care at HOME (CAH) III, IV, and VI- Exempt
- Bridges to Health (B2H)- Exempt
- OPWDD HCBS Waiver- Exempt
- Finally, based on further review and consideration the payment reduction does not apply to the following waiver programs:
- DOH TBI Waiver - 2% RATE REDUCTION applies
- Care at HOME (CAH) I, II- 2% RATE REDUCTION applies
- Nursing Home Transition and Diversion Waiver (NHTD) - 2% RATE REDUCTION applies