| top |
|Does the 2% Medicaid payment reduction apply to waiver programs?
||The final 2011-12 State Budget authorizes alternative methods be considered to achieve proportionate savings. The following describes each waiver program´s DOH approved path to achieve commensurate savings.
- In lieu of a payment reduction a rate reduction will be implemented as an alternative for the following waiver programs:
- DOH TBI Waiver - 2% RATE REDUCTION applies
- Care at HOME (CAH) I, II- 2% RATE REDUCTION applies
- Nursing Home Transition and Diversion Waiver (NHTD) - 2% RATE REDUCTION applies
- The following waiver programs will generate savings by the following alternative methods other than a rate reduction:
- LTHHCP- Alternative proposal accepted to generate commensurate savings through an increase of the cash assessment
- Managed Long Term Care- Alternative proposal to generate commensurate savings through reducing premium levels
- Manage Care- Alternative proposal to generate commensurate savings through reducing premium levels
- Finally, the following waiver programs are exempt from the 2% reduction because they are not operated by DOH:
- OMH HCBS Waiver- Exempt
- Care at HOME (CAH) III, IV, and VI- Exempt
- Bridges to Health (B2H)- Exempt
- OPWDD HCBS Waiver- Exempt