State Health Department Releases July 2000 Inspection Results of Nursing Homes
Albany, October 13, 2000 – The following list of nursing homes has been revised to correct the listing that was included in yesterday's October 12, 2000 press release. The nursing homes identified below that have been corrected are in italics.
The State Health Department surveyed the following nursing homes in July 2000. As required, those nursing homes cited for deficiencies have since submitted acceptable corrective action plans to correct any findings. Facilities are ranked by the seriousness of survey findings, beginning with those having the most serious findings, which constitute Immediate Jeopardy.
|1.||Workmen's Circle||NYC||Immediate Jeopardy|
|2.||Loretto Nursing Home||Utica||Immediate Jeopardy|
|3.||James Square Rehabilitation Center||Onondaga||Substandard Quality of Care|
|4.||Clearview Nursing Home||NYC||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|5.||Midway Nursing Home||NYC||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|6.||Beechwood Nursing Home||Erie||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|7.||Franklin County Nursing Home||Franklin||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|8.||Livingston County Nursing Home||Livingston||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|9.||Brae Loch Manor||Monroe||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|10.||Lakeshore Nursing Home||Monroe||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|11.||St. John's Health Care Corp.||Monroe||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|12.||Northwoods Rehabilitation Center||Schenectady||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|13.||Ira Davenport Nursing||Steuben||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|14.||Steuben County Nursing Home||Steuben||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|15.||Ten Broeck Commons||Ulster||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|16.||Pleasant Valley||Washington||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|17.||Manor Oak||Wyoming||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|18.||Wyoming County Nursing Home||Wyoming||Actual Harm (Isolated)|
|19.||Bronx Center for Rehabilitation||NYC||Potential for Harm|
|20.||Holliswood Care center||NYC||Potential for Harm|
|21.||Margaret Tietz Nursing Home||NYC||Potential for Harm|
|22.||Queens–Nassau Nursing Home||NYC||Potential for Harm|
|23.||Seaview Hospital Nursing Home||NYC||Potential for Harm|
|24.||Woodland Park||Cattaraugus||Potential for Harm|
|25.||Chase Memorial||Chenango||Potential for Harm|
|26.||Episcopal Residential||Erie||Potential for Harm|
|27.||Mercy Hospital Nursing Home||Erie||Potential for Harm|
|28.||St. Luke's Presbyterian||Erie||Potential for Harm|
|29.||Woodside Manor||Monroe||Potential for Harm|
|30.||Rome Nursing Home||Oneida||Potential for Harm|
|31.||Sunset Nursing Home||Oneida||Potential for Harm|
|32.||Iroquois Nursing Home||Onondaga||Potential for Harm|
|33.||Ontario County Nursing Home||Ontario||Potential for Harm|
|34.||Campbell Hall||Orange||Potential for Harm|
|35.||Van Rensselaer Manor||Rensselaer||Potential for Harm|
|36.||Three Rivers Health and Rehab.||Steuben||Potential for Harm|
|37.||Townhouse Extended||Suffolk||Potential for Harm|
|38.||New Paltz Nursing Home||Ulster||Potential for Harm|
|39.||Westledge||Westchester||Potential for Harm|
|40.||Sea Crest Nursing Home||NYC||Potential for Harm|
|41.||Windsor Park||NYC||Potential for Harm|
|42.||Chautauqua County Home||Chautauqua||Potential for Harm|
|43.||Westfield Health Care Ctr||Chautauqua||Potential for Harm|
|44.||Manor Oak||Erie||In Compliance|
|45.||McCauley Residence||Erie||In Compliance|
|46.||Northern Riverview||Rockland||In Compliance|
|47.||Project Samaritan||NYC||No Deficiencies|
|48.||Park Terrace Nursing Home||NYC||No Deficiencies|
|49.||St. Joseph's Manor||Cattaraugus||No Deficiencies|
* These facilities may be subject to enforcement actions, including monetary penalties for the deficiencies identified during the Department's annual inspection process.
- Immediate Jeopardy:
- Denotes a situation in which the provider's noncompliance with one or more of the federal requirements have caused or is likely to cause serious injury or harm to a resident. The harm inflicted on one or more residents may be psychological and/or physical in nature.
- Substandard Quality of Care:
- There are one or more deficiencies in resident care and facility practices, and Quality of Life and/or Quality of Care regulations. Those deficiencies constitute either immediate jeopardy to resident health and safety or a harm level deficiency that affects a certain population of residents within a nursing facility. There may be a potential for harm to the entire population. A facility cited for this level of harm may have systemic problems within their operations.
- Actual Harm (Isolated)
- There are one or more deficiencies that result in actual harm. The case is typically isolated in nature and affects one resident, but could be a potential harm to other residents in the facility under similar circumstances.
- Potential for harm:
- A situation exists that could cause possible injury or harm to a resident. The evidence reviewed does not indicate actual harm, but does reveal practices that could result in harm.
- In Compliance:
- Deficiencies may have been identified during the survey, but they pose no more than minimal harm.
- No Deficiencies:
- The facility had no deficiencies identified during the survey.