Parent and Guardian Benefits
Important Information Regarding Your Child's Immunization Records
- Letter to Notify Parents and Guardians About Their Child's Inclusion in the NYSIIS Registry
- Frequently Asked Questions for Parents and Guardians
- Schools Active in NYSIIS
NYSIIS offers the following benefits to parents and guardians:
- Combines immunization information from multiple previous providers into a single, reliable record.
- Produces a printable accurate record that can then be used as an official copy of a child's immunization history for schools, day cares, and camp entry requirements.
- Helps to ensure that a child's immunizations are current.
- Provides a reminder for due or over-due immunizations.
- Prevents over-vaccination. Without official documentation of a child's immunization history, a physician's office cannot determine which vaccines a child has already received. As a result, physicians often need to vaccinate the child again to assure they are protected against disease.