How to Get a Health Commerce System (HCS) Account
Health Commerce System (HCS) Account Instructions
- Individual HCS accounts are required for accessing NYSIIS. All NYSIIS users will need to have their own personal active HCS account.
- HCS accounts cannot be shared. Without an HCS account, users will not be able to access the NYSIIS application in the training environment or in their office.
- If no one in the practice has an HCS account, a prescribing medical professional (i.e., a Physician, Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) must obtain the initial account.
- A prescribing medical professional within a practice can request an HCS account at the following Department of Health web site: https://hcsteamwork1.health.state.ny.us/pub/top.html
- Any prescribing medical professional who obtains an HCS account is automatically given "Director" and "HCS Coordinator" roles.
- The HCS Coordinator role is authorized to obtain additional accounts for both medical and non-medical.
- To request additional accounts for other office staff, log in to the Health Commerce System at: https://commerce.health.state.ny.us/ (See the following instructions below)
If you are not sure your work site has previously applied for access to the HCS, or who your HCS Coordinator is, you can contact the Commerce Account Management Unit (CAMU) Help Desk at 1-866-529-1890 or firstname.lastname@example.org