Updated School Immunization Requirements, Public Health Law Section 2164, Rules and Regulations Subpart 66-1 (Effective September 1, 2015)
School immunization rules and regulations have been changed so that New York State immunization requirements are consistent with the most current childhood and adolescent immunization recommendations made by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). ACIP is a group of medical and public health experts that develop recommendations on how to use vaccines to control diseases in the United States. These recommendations will lead to a reduction in the incidence of vaccine preventable diseases and an increase in the safe use of vaccines.
- New York State Immunization Requirements for School Entrance and Attendance (Updated 8/2015) (PDF, 110KB)
- New York State Immunization Schedule for Pneumococcal Vaccine (PDF, 210KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding School Immunization Regulations and the New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS) (PDF, 308KB)
- Dear District Superintendents, Superintendents of Public and Nonpublic Schools, Charter School Administrators and School Health Personnel Letter Regarding Amendment to PHL, Rules and Regulations Subpart 66-1, NYS Education Department (PDF, 266KB)
- Dear Health Care Provider Letter Regarding Amendment to PHL, Rules and Regulations Subpart 66-1 (PDF, 213KB)
- Webinar: Public Health Law 2164 -- Amendments to Subpart 66-1 School Immunization Regulations, Effective 9/1/15
- For questions regarding child care programs, and schools contact the NYSDOH Bureau of Immunization's School Assessment and Compliance Unit:
- New York City primary and secondary schools, Head Start programs, nursery schools and day care should direct all questions and requests for information to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene at 347-396-2433.