Car Safety - Child Passenger Safety
Each year in New York, more than 4,500 kids up to age 8 are treated at hospitals for injuries from a motor vehicle crash. Most parents believe their children are safe in the car, yet 75 percent of kids are riding at risk because their car seats are not being used correctly. Using a safety seat the right way reduces the risk of child passenger fatalities by 71 percent and serious injury risk by 67 percent.
Change the Statistics! Spread the Word about Child Passenger Safety.
- Baby on the Way? Think Safety Today
- Car Seat Recommendations for Children
- 4 Steps 4 Kids - The Right Seat Matters for Safety
- Get the Facts about Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) - Securing Child Safety Seats
- Child Passenger Safety for Infants and Young Children With Special Health Care Needs
- Under 13? Backseat and Buckle Up!
- Child Car Seat Installation Videos, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Know for Sure if Your Child is in the Right Car Seat, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Promoting Child Passenger Safety in Your Community Toolkit for Auto Dealerships (PDF)