Policy Memo 117H
DOH-CACFP: Number 117H (01/08) Replaces Number 53 (11/00)
TO: CACFP Participating Institutions
FROM: Jeanne Culver, State Director, Child and Adult Care Food Program
SUBJECT: Requirements to Distribute Information to Participating Families
Family day care providers* must provide information regarding the benefits and importance of the WIC program to families with children under the age of six years. To comply, Sponsors of family day care providers must:
- Give all providers a supply of the "Find Out More about WIC" pamphlet
- Use the enclosed CACFP order form (CACFP-3978) to order as many pamphlets as needed in the languages offered.
Family day care providers are required to notify parents or guardians that their home participates in CACFP and about its benefits. Sponsors of family day care providers must:
- Give all new providers a supply of the enclosed "Building for the Future" flyer for distribution to the families of their currently enrolled children.
- When new children enroll in participating family day care homes, the provider must give the new families this flyer.
- Use the enclosed CACFP order form (CACFP-3978) to order as many flyers as needed. It is available in many languages, as listed on the order form. CACFP will print the sponsoring organization's contact information at the bottom of the flyer for you.
*Family day care providers includes registered, licensed and enrolled, legally exempt providers.