CACFP Policy Memo Number 58
DOH-CACFP: Number 58 (6/01)
TO: All Sponsoring Organizations of Day Care Homes and Centers
FROM: Jeanne Colegrove, State Director, Child and Adult Care Food Program
SUBJECT: Electronic Payments
The New York State Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is pleased to announce the availability of electronic payments. Through the New York State Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) CACFP sponsors can enroll to receive their CACFP reimbursement electronically.
Electronic payments are OSC's initiative to improve State payments to all vendors, including not-for-profit organizations. This process replaces the receipt of payment by check. By enrolling with OSC, your CACFP reimbursement is electronically transferred directly into your designated bank account. Sponsors will no longer have to wait for mail and check cashing delays. Funds are available immediately upon receipt of the electronic payment.
The OSC web site provides the most current information regarding electronic payments. The OSC electronic payment web site can be directly accessed, using this address:
For your convenience, attached are the same forms available through the OSC web site, including: Guidelines and Rules for Participants; Frequently Asked Questions; Electronic Payments Authorization Form and Instructions (available in PDF format). After reading the enclosed materials, please remember:
- The electronic payment process is voluntary and is not a requirement to participate in CACFP;
- Sponsors electing to participate in this program will receive all payments, generated from OSC electronically, to your designated bank account that meet address criteria along with the specific Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and 9 digit zip code. Only one bank account can be assigned for each Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN). Sponsors of both day care homes and centers will receive two separate electronic payments deposited into the same bank account;
- When completing the Electronic Payments Authorization Form, the FEIN or Municipal Code, Payee Name and Address must match the information currently on the OSC database and the CACFP payment system;
- Currently, the nine-digit zip code is a requirement. To ensure your organization is using the correct nine-digit zip code, refer to a recent payment received from OSC to confirm the zip code that should be recorded on the authorization form;
- Sponsors must have their financial institution/bank complete and sign the appropriate section of the Electronic Payments Authorization Form. The completed form is then mailed to OSC by the financial institution at the address indicated at the bottom of the form;
- CACFP will not notify sponsors of pending payments. OSC offers electronic notification to your e-mail address. If a sponsor does not have an e-mail address, arrangements will have to be made for notification purposes through your financial institution;
- Participants in the electronic payment process can withdraw their participation at any time.
We are pleased to offer this service and we hope you find electronic payments helpful to you. Should you have any questions, contact Dwight LaDu at 1-800-942-3858, extension 27268 or email@example.com.