Eligibility Criteria, Doctors Across New York (DANY), Physician Practice Support and Physician Loan Repayment Programs
Those who are eligible to apply include:
- General hospitals licensed by the New York State Department of Health;
- Other health care facilities licensed by the New York State Department of Health;
- Other health care facilities operated or licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health;
- Other health care facilities operated or licensed by municipal or county governments within New York State;
- Medical practices located within New York State; and
- Individual physicians.
Those not eligible to apply include ANY of the following:
- For purposes other than loan repayment under either the Physician Practice Support or Loan Repayment Programs, physicians currently employed by New York State (An affiliation with a state entity is acceptable, but employment is not. The determining factor will be whether or not a State entity issues the physician's paycheck); or
- Federal facilities and their contractors.
Identified physician must meet ALL of the following:
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien holding an I-155 or I-551 card;
- Licensed to practice in New York State by the time the service obligation begins;
- Not currently working in, or serving, an underserved area in New York State where the current service to the underserved area began prior to July 1, 2013;
- Not fulfilling an obligation under any state or federal loan repayment program where the obligation periods of the state or federal loan repayment program would overlap or coincide with the DANY obligation period, including any current DANY obligation;
- Not a past recipient of DANY Physician Practice Support or Physician Loan Repayment funding;
- In good standing with the Department of Health;
- Not be in breach of a health professional service obligation to the federal, state, or local government, or have any judgment liens arising from federal or state debt; and must not be delinquent in child support payments; and
- Working or plan to work in an eligible employment site listed above.
 i.e., not excluded from, or terminated by, the federal Medicare or Medicaid programs (see http://www.omig.ny.gov/fraud/medicaid-terminations-and-exclusions); not subject to Orders of the State Board for Professional Medical Conduct (see http://w3.health.state.ny.us/opmc/factions.nsf/physiciansearch?openform); or under indictment for, or convicted of, any crime as defined by the New York State Penal Code, (see: http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menuf.cgi). Please note that the physician must have updated his or her mandatory Physician Profile (see: http://www.nydoctorprofile.com/) information prior to the time of application.