Eligibility Criteria, Doctors Across New York (DANY), Physician Practice Support and Physician Loan Repayment Programs
Those who are eligible to apply include:
- General hospitals licensed by the New York State Department of Health;
- Other health care facilities licensed by the New York State Department of Health;
- Other health care facilities operated or licensed by municipal or county governments within New York State;
- Medical practices located within New York State;
- Individual physicians;
- Residents who will have completed their training by November 30, 2013 (for track applicants only)
Those not eligible to apply include ANY of the following:
- For purposes other than loan repayment under either the Physician Practice Support or Loan Repayment Programs, physicians currently employed by New York State (An affiliation with a state entity is acceptable, but employment is not. The determining factor will be whether or not a State entity issues the physician's paycheck); or
- Federal facilities and their contractors.
Identified physician must meet ALL of the following:
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien holding an I-155 or I-551 card;
- Licensed to practice in New York State by the time the service obligation begins;
- Not currently working in, or serving, an underserved area in New York State where the current service to the underserved area began prior to July 1, 2010;
- Not fulfilling an obligation under any state or federal loan repayment program where the obligation periods of the state or federal loan repayment program would overlap or coincide with the DANY obligation period, including any current DANY obligation;
- Not a past recipient of DANY Physician Practice Support or Physician Loan Repayment funding
- In good standing with the Department's Office of Professional Medical Conduct; and
- Not in the employ of a federally-operated facility.
I.e., not under indictment for, or convicted of, any felony as defined by the New York State Penal Code, accessible at: http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menuf.cgi. See also http://w3.health.state.ny.us/opmc/factions.nsf/physiciansearch?openform for a license search.