Use of Funds - 2007 Distribution
Pursuant to 10 NYCRR 86-1.89, teaching hospitals that received GME Reform Incentive Pool funds must provide the Department of Health with the following information:
- Name of hospital or GME consortium.
- Contact name, including title, organization, address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address.
- If you used any of these funds to achieve current or future GME Reform Incentive Pool objectives, to the extent possible: (a) Describe how these funds were utilized for each objective; (b) Specify the percentage of funds allocated for each objective; and (c) Indicate other sources of funding, if applicable, that supplemented your reform efforts.
GME Reform Incentive Pool Objectives:
- Reduce the number of non-Designated Priority Program (DPP) residents and training programs
- Increase the proportion of residents training in ambulatory care sites
- Increase the proportion of residents in ambulatory care sites training in underserved areas
- Increase the proportion of underrepresented minorities
- Increase the proportion of minority faculty
- Encourage linkages with minority pipeline programs
- Provide cultural competence training
- If you used any of these funds for purposes other than those indicated above, describe how these funds were utilized and specify the percentage of funds allocated for such purpose(s).
- GME Consortium only: (a) Indicate the distribution of your award among your member institutions; and (b) Explain how this distribution was calculated.
Please send this information by May 28, 2009 to:
- Thomas F. Burke
Executive Director, NYS Council on Graduate Medical Education
New York State Department of Health
Corning Tower — Room 1190
Albany, New York 12237-0053