If you need to obtain a written verification of your New York State certification please complete the following:
- You must submit this signed request. Verification of NYS Certification
- If you need certification verification for someone other than yourself please note that the signature required is that of the certified provider, not yourself. This form must be notarized.
- If you are filing for reciprocity to another state and require verification, please submit the out-of-state verification form provided by your current certifying state via fax or mail.
- All requests can be mailed or faxed to the following: New York State Department of Health
Bureau of EMS
875 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12206-1388
Fax (518) 402-0985
- Should you require certification verification and are unable to provide written consent, you may submit a FOIL (Freedom of Information Law) request. Information on how to make a FOIL request can be obtained by using the following link: Freedom of Information and Access to Department of Health Records.
Please include a written directive on how you would like the information supplied back to you. It can be faxed or mailed only.
Allow 2 to 4 weeks for processing.
Verification of New York State Emergency Medical Services certification requires signed consent from the provider. Certification information will not be supplied over the phone.