This page will be utilized to disseminate information to the NYS EMS community specific to Hurricane Sandy.
The post-storm planning and response is a very dynamic situation so it is strongly recommended that you check this site frequently for updated information.
Please be advised that some courses for the NYS Written Certification Examination on November 15th have been moved to another date. If there is any question as to whether or not your exam date has been changed you should contact your instructor.
- The following courses are scheduled to test on November 29th at the same location and time as previously scheduled for November 15th: Course numbers: 182297, 182296, 182342, 182307.
- The following courses are scheduled to test on December 13th at the same location and time as previously scheduled for November 15th: Course numbers: 142159, 142158, 142157, 142156, 142190, 142189.
- On-Site Scoring at LaGuardia Community College is still scheduled for November 15th.
- Due to UPS and USPS issues with deliveries as a result of hurricane Sandy, the November 15th written examination results may be delayed by 2 weeks.
- If your certification expires after you take the State written exam, but before you receive your official results in the mail, your certification will still be valid until you receive your results. If your agency requires documentation of your certification prior to you receiving your results, you can contact our Central office at (518) 402-0996 and receive a State Administrative Procedures Act (SAPA) letter to prove your certification is still valid. These requests should be made only if the SAPA letter is required to maintain employment or active status within an agency.
- In addition to the listing above the following courses are scheduled to test on November 29th at the same location and time as previously scheduled for November 15th: Course numbers: 182038, 182042.
- On-Site Scoring at St. Johns is still scheduled for November 15th.