New York State Trauma Program Training Announcements
This page will provide a listing of continuing education programs on the topic of trauma for EMS and healthcare providers. The content of these programs has NOT been reviewed by the NYSDOH Bureau of EMS and the Bureau of EMS is not responsible for the content of these programs.
Trauma Symposium -- TRAUMA Across the Spectrum
St. Elizabeth Medical Center and Midstate EMS is presenting TRAUMA Across the Spectrum Friday, June 6, 2014, from 7:30AM to 4:00PM, at the Holiday Inn, 1777 Burrstone Rd., New Hartford, New York. Registration is limited.
Please fill out the form below to complete your registration. The deadline for registration is May 30.
- Registration Form
- For questions or further information, contact Paul Campbell, RN, MA, Phone: 315-798-8127, Fax: 315-798-8460, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5th Annual Trauma Registry Conference: Bringing It All Together
This program will be a dynamic and interactive exchange among interested professionals that deal with trauma registry issues on a daily basis. It is meant to fill a gap in knowledge and experience that primarily comes from working in regions and centers to compare experiences, backgrounds and best practices.
- 5th Annual Trauma Registry Conference: Bringing It All Together at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Lazare Research Building-Blais Pavilion, 55 Lake Ave North, Worcester, MA 01655, on May 21, 2014, 8:30AM - 4:00PM.
The 16th Annual Warren Wetzel, MD, Trauma / Emergency Medicine Symposium
Jacobi Medical Center Presents The 16th Annual Warren Wetzel, MD, TRAUMA/EMERGENCY MEDICINE SYMPOSIUM, Wednesday, May 7, 2014, 7:00AM through 3:30PM, at the Rotunda (adjacent to the Nurses Residence - Building #4).
The Annual Warren Wetzel, MD Trauma/Emergency Medicine Symposium represents the only regional conference dedicated solely to the management of trauma patients. As such, it has been able to attract a nationally recognized faculty. New York City has 18 trauma centers, and the Symposium provides an important forum for the sharing of science and ideas related to trauma.
Please note: Public transportation is encouraged. There will be no parking available on campus. There will be limited spaces at the Einstein Garage for a $6.00 charge with shuttle service.
Pre-registration and payment is required by April 25, 2014.
- Pre-register for the 2014 Warren Wetzel, MD Trauma / Emergency Medicine Symposium
- Parking Details and Directions
Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) - A 2-Day Trauma Fundamentals Course
Unlike trauma verification programs targeted at prehospital and emergency care providers, the Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) course is specifically designed for acute care, critical care, and perioperative nurses. This live, 2-day educational offering provides inpatient staff members with the foundational, evidence-based information and critical thinking skills necessary to meet regulatory requirements and provide excellent care to this challenging patient population.
- Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) - A 2-Day Trauma Fundamentals Course at Nyack Hospital, Nyack, NY, April 28 & 29, 2014, 8:00AM - 4:40PM.