New York State Trauma Program Training Announcements
This page will provide a listing of continuing education programs on the topic of trauma for EMS and healthcare providers. The content of these programs has NOT been reviewed by the NYSDOH Bureau of EMS and the Bureau of EMS is not responsible for the content of these programs.
Optimal Trauma Center Organization & Management Course
COURSE DATE & LOCATION:
- Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Hilton Garden Inn, Troy
Room: Sage I
235 Hoosick St
Troy NY 12180
Registration Fees: $350 – fee includes meals and course materials. Go to:
The American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma (ACS COT) and the Society of Trauma Nurses (STN) are pleased to announce their partnership to develop the Optimal Trauma Center Organization & Management Course.
- This collaborative course will be taught by physicians and nurses with the goal of enhancing trauma center systems of care and improving patient care through implementation of the ACS COT Trauma Center Standards.
- The nuances of implementation or improving upon trauma center criteria within the structure of your specific facility will be reviewed in an interactive forum.
- Whether a verified mature center or a hospital preparing for designation, this course is designed to assist participants to create strategies, processes and operations to support trauma systems based upon their own unique environments.
- The course is designed to assist Trauma Medical Directors, Trauma Program Managers/Coordinators, Administrators, Trauma Registrars, State/Region personnel and other disciplines involved in trauma.
- A baseline of what is required to be a verified center rather than the ceiling will be represented in the course.
- Hilton Garden Inn
235 Hoosick Street
Troy NY 12180
A block of rooms have been reserved under "ATSG" at $102/night.
This rate will be held until August 31, 2015. Call: (877) 782-9444 or 518-272-1700.
AIS Injury Scaling: Uses & Techniques
The Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) incorporates current medical terminology providing an internationally accepted tool for ranking injury severity. AAAM created and maintains the Abbreviated Injury Scale: The internationally accepted tool for describing and coding injuries of all types. The two-day course is designed for trauma nurses/coordinators, registrars, physicians, hospital records personnel and researchers or engineers who are responsible for injury data-bases.
The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) has approved this program for 14.41 Continuing Education Contact Hours and the online program for 19.4 hours. American Health Information Management Association approved this course for 12 Continuing Education Credits for use in fulfilling their continuing education requirements.
Registration & Further Information
This course may be taken either as an Online Course or as a Classroom Course.
Select for the October 22 - 23, 2015 session at the Upstate University Hospital on the registration page.
The registration fee is $750.
- AIS Injury Scaling: Uses and Techniques - Online Registration Form
- Click here to download the online course syllabus.