- Abandoned Infant Protection Act
- Health Advisory: Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine Shortage (PDF)
- Rural Hospital Telemedicine/Telestroke Initiative
- New York Codes, Rules and Regulations, Title 10
Updated Minimum Standards and Guidance for NYS Hospitals Regarding Pediatric Patients
The following documents are recent amendments to 10 NYCRR Part 405 concerning general hospitals, which became effective on December 31, 2013. Facilities are required to be compliant with the regulations effective March 31, 2014. These amendments update the minimum standards for administration, radiology/nuclear medicine, pharmacy services, admission and discharge, quality assurance, respiratory, emergency, surgical, and anesthesia services, and include new requirements for pediatric care, including standards for pediatric intensive and emergency care.
The pediatric minimum standards are the recommendation of the Emergency Medical Services for Children Advisory Committee, an advisory committee to the Commissioner of Health on medical and public health issues concerning infants and children and are consistent with national standards from the; American Academy of Pediatrics, Society of Critical Care Medicine, American College of Surgeons, American College of Emergency Physicians, American Pediatric Surgical Association, and Federal EMS for Children Program.
- DAL: Recent Amendments to 10 NYCRR Part 405 Concerning General Hospitals Including Pediatric Minimum Standards, April 16, 2014
- Q&A for Revisions to Part 405 Regulations
- Parents' Bill of Rights
- Minimum Pediatric Care Standards for New York State Hospitals, Emergency Departments and Intensive Care Units (PDF)