Instructions for Online Ordering of Official NYS Prescriptions - Facilities
- Enter the following address: https://commerce.health.state.ny.us/hpn
- Column on left side of page labeled "Info by user type"- click on Health Care Organizations.
- On the left-hand side of the screen in the green column, click on the 13th link: Official NYS Prescription Order Entry System.
- Click on link to order for an institution (if link is not available for your institution, you must be established in the role of ordering official prescriptions within the facility FIRST). The HPN coordinator of the facility must designate the ordering role.
- Enter the facility's BNE/Controlled Substance License number and click "submit".
- On Institution Information page, choose the appropriate item that you wish to order then click "continue".
- On Select Product page, choose the appropriate item that you wish to order then click "continue".
- Please note that the EMR paper comes pre-printed with ONLY a serial number, barcode, and pharmacist test area. All facility and/or practitioner information will require configuration of such information by your IT department or software vendor .
- On View Text Proof page, verify information, check "I affirm…." box, click "continue".
- On Review Order page, review shipping information. If correct, click "submit order." If not, select either "Cancel Order" or "Back to Previous Page". Note: If you wish to have a "Rush" order placed,
Check the box that asks, "Would you prefer a rush order?" * A $25 fee will be charged for all rush orders on Order Confirmation page user will see confirmation number for order placed.
Managing Additional Locations
Instructions for adding locations to Official NYS Prescription pads"
- On Institution Information page, below the institution information there are 2 buttons: click on Manage Additional Locations.
- User will be prompted to enter street address, city, state, zip code and phone #(include area code).
- If user needs to add more locations, click Add Location: if not, click close.
Instructions for adding prescribers to Official NYS Prescription pads:
- On Institution Information page, below the institution information there are 2 buttons: click on "Manage Group Practice."
- On Manage Group Practice page, user will be prompted to enter the License #, Profession and DEA # of prescriber(s) to be added, then click Search and Add.
- If additional prescriber's name is found and added, screen will say "Successfully added additional practitioner to group practice." If additional prescriber's name is not found, screen will say "Practitioner entered is not in system. Please verify this information is entered correctly."
- The availability to add residents to the Official NYS Prescriptions is permitted on this page. There is a free form text field for a user to add resident(s). Enter resident's name and associated license number.
Configuring Additional Locations/Group Practices
- ALL orders with additional locations/group practices
- After adding locations/practitioners/residents,continue through order entry system
- On Product Details page, select the appropriate button to configure either locations/practitioners/residents.