Instructions for Online Ordering of Official NYS Prescriptions - Practitioners
- Enter the following address: https://commerce.health.state.ny.us/
- Enter your HCS userid and password, if you do not have an account go to https://hcsteamwork1.health.state.ny.us/pub/top.html
- Click on "HCS Applications" link at the top of the page
- Scroll down and click on "Official NYS Prescription Order Entry System"
- On Practitioner License Validation page, enter DEA#, License# and profession, then click "submit"
- On Practice information page, review name and address, then click "continue"
- On Select Product page, choose the appropriate item that you wish to order, then click "continue"
- On Product Details page, enter the quantity of items selected that you wish to order.
Note: If you wish to have your DEA# pre-printed on prescription pads, you must click the checkbox which says "Print DEA Number on Pad"
- On View Text Proof page, verify information, check "I affirm…." box, click "continue"
- On Review Order page, review shipping information. If correct, click "submit order." If not, select either Cancel Order or Back to Previous page.
NOTE: If you wish to have a "Rush" order placed, Check the box that asks, "Would you prefer a rush order?" * A $25 fee will be charged for all rush orders
- On Order Confirmation page practitioner will see confirmation number for order placed.
Managing Additional Locations
Instructions for adding locations to Official NYS Prescription pads
- On Practice Information page, below the practice information there are two (2) buttons: click on Manage Additional Locations.
- Practitioner will be prompted to enter street address, city, state, zip code and phone #(include area code)
- If practitioner needs to add more locations, click Add Location: if not, click close.
Managing Group Practice
Instructions for adding practitioners to Official NYS Prescription pads
- On Practice Information page, below the practice information there are two (2) buttons: click on Manage Group Practice.
- On Manage Group Practice page, practitioner will be prompted to enter the License#, Profession and DEA# of practitioner to be added, then click Search and Add.
- If additional practitioner is found and added, screen will say "Successfully added additional practitioner to group practice." If additional practitioner is not found, screen will say "Practitioner entered is not in system. Please verify this information is entered correctly."
- If practitioner needs to add more practitioners, click Add Practitioner: if not, click close.
Configuring Additional Locations/Group Practices
- All orders with additional locations/group practices
- After adding locations/practitioners, continue through order entry system.
- On Product Details page, select the appropriate button to configure either locations or practitioners.